Kuvare Insurance Services, LP in New York, NY is a boutique asset management firm that specializes in building tailored solutions for insurance companies. Kuvare Insurance Services,
LP is seeking a VP, Asset Backed Securities (ABS) to analyze new investment opportunities, provide relative and intrinsic value analysis, conduct proactive portfolio surveillance, and
assist in the general management of the private ABS-focused portfolio.
Job responsibilities and duties include:
- Analyze and screen new ABS investment opportunities collateralized by traditional finance and other hard assets with contractual cashflows including consumer, corporate, residential, transportation and energy/infrastructure credit. Determine appropriate level of risk appetite;
- Develop mathematical cashflow models based on the data received by client and deal structure as per legal documents and rating agency requirements. Analyze data received from client using Microsoft Excel, VBA, SQL, Python and run stratification report on the data;
- Lead execution and structuring of transactions, prepare term sheets, and review legal documentation. Build borrowing base and loss expectation models for optimizing structure of investment;
- Develop investment recommendations and assist in providing presentations to investment committee. In depth analysis of the collateral and financial economics of the investment;
- Work with business development to provide investment reporting and surveillance to support third-party fundraising efforts. Prepare weekly and monthly management reports, including KPIs, KRIs, and portfolio statistics. Work to automate reporting and identify potential efficiencies;
- Assist with ongoing surveillance of the existing portfolio. Build and analyze performance statistics for the existing portfolio;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including asset allocation, risk management, operations, legal, compliance, and accounting;
- Develop a strong understanding of investing for regulated insurance companies, including new developments within the various industry rule-making bodies
Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative & Computational Finance, Finance, Accounting, or related field of study and at least three years of experience in job-offered or in any position(s) involving
financial analysis at a major financial institution, accounting firm, or rating agency.
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency, skill, experience, and knowledge with the following:
- 1. Cash flow modelling securitized products;
- 2. Intex Calc and Intex Dealmaker;
- 3. Excel (Macros, Arrays, Regression, Index/Match, ), Python (Pandas, scikit-learn, numpy, matplotlib);
- 4. Reviewing modeling assumptions in the offering documents (securitization legal document);
- 5. Formulating mathematical or simulation models based on how rating agency views an asset behavior;
- 6. Working with the rating agencies
- Travel Information: 10-20% domestic travel required
- WFH and hybrid benefit available
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.