Kuvare is a growth-oriented insurance platform that delivers diversified annuities, life insurance, and supplemental products to the middle-income and mass-affluent consumer segments through its acquisition-led growth strategy. Kuvare provides proven capabilities, strategic support, substantial resources, and patient capital to help insurance companies pursue and achieve sustainable growth opportunities. With its patient capital, Kuvare targets differentiated annuity and life insurance companies to bring into its family of brands.
The Tax Manager is a high visibility and hands-on role designed for a financial and tax professional who has extensive experience in tax compliance and GAAP/Statutory tax accounting. Under the direction of the AVP, Taxation, this position will be primarily responsible for accurately preparing and filing state and federal tax returns. In addition, the Tax Manager will assist the AVP, Tax in monitoring current and impending changes to tax regulation and to develop effective tax planning strategies that align with business objectives. The position manages a Tax Staff Accountant, review of subordinate work is required as well as training, developing, and mentoring.
• Assisting in the preparation of quarterly/ annual GAAP and statutory income tax provisions and all information supporting the financial close, including tax footnotes and disclosures • Teaming and working with various departments including risk/actuarial, investment accounting, and operations; ensuring the tax implications are considered for current and future business decisions • Assisting in the preparation and review of all tax compliance, including the federal, state income/franchise tax returns, and premium/municipal tax returns. • Ownership of controls and overall risk assessments required under Sarbanes-Oxley and Model Audit Rules, as applicable to the tax department processes • Monitoring changes in tax law and researching/concluding on significant tax compliance and tax accounting matters • Actively manage and monitor TPA policy holder activities and matters pertaining to tax withholding and information reporting • Staffing oversight and recruiting, where required
• Handling of incoming and outgoing mail / FedEx for the tax department. • Preparation for tax correspondence including envelopes, labels, assembling filings, and deliveries to post office. • File organization and maintenance, including new file set up, scanning documents, etc.
• Significant experience (4 to 8 + years) in life insurance tax compliance and tax accounting • Bachelor’s degree and CPA required; advanced tax degree preferred • Strong understanding of federal and state tax laws, regulations, etc. • Strong understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting guidance and practical application thereof • Familiarity with control design and testing • Demonstrated ability to deliver timely results and attentive to deadlines.
• Intermediate MS Office skills. • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. • Extremely organized, sound judgment, and able to handle multiple priorities. • Keen eye for detail and accuracy. • Deadline-focused.
• Office working environment. • Valid Driver’s License highly desired (for post office runs). • Ability to sit for extended periods of time. • Ability to type / perform data entry. • Ability to read from a computer screen and paper reports. • Express ideas and otherwise communicate with the spoken word, specifically via telephone.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.