The Solutions Architect’s role is to contribute to the development of architected digital solutions using established Enterprise Architecture Standards, Designs, and Roadmaps.
Duties and Responsibilities
A non-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities includes:
- Lead and own the technical solution architecture design, documentation, standardization and prototyping for high-demand, and high-visibility proprietary platforms and 3rd party product integration using APIs.
- Lead and participate in architectural reviews and/or audits; define and maintain documentation of technology standards, process, and policies related to Kuvare internal applications and vendor product integration. core domain areas.
- Lead developers and other technical stakeholders in conceptualizing, visualization and developing new software programs and applications.
- Lead technical discussions with key technical stakeholders to ensure exceptional delivery.
- Manage stakeholders' expectations.
Strategy & Planning
- Design technical solutions and capabilities in alignment with the enterprise architecture while supporting the timely delivery of the capabilities.
- Contribute to the decision-making process paying particular attention to system integration, sustainability, and feasibility.
- Participates in daily, weekly, monthly, and annual planning process as appropriate.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts in balance of costs vs. benefits.
- Assess emerging technologies and provide key input on technology investments regarding price vs. performance vs. capabilities.
- Develop hands-on code to deploy proofs of concept and pilot phases of selected projects.
- Establish, maintain, and apply architecture technical standards, disciplines, and principles in all areas of engagements.
- Successfully engage in and participate in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborate with project team members and stakeholders to business determine needs and refine software requirements.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure adoption of and adherence to all architectural, technical, and privacy/security standards, procedures, and best practices.
- Create developer-ready technical specifications from high level business requests and analysis of business need.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience, with at least 3+ years’ experience in solution architecture or product ownership for enterprise web content and digital experience management platforms.
- Strong experience with web technologies.
- Strong experience with cloud-based solutions in Azure (preferred) or AWS.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex technical subject matter and communicate the business and operations impact of choices to business and IT leaders.
- Effective communication skills to interact with all levels of technology and business partners.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solutions architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: SDLC Process, Security, High Availability, Recovery, Performance, Monitoring / Operations Design, and Application Architecture.
- Applied experience in an agile delivery environment utilizing a combination of Scrum, Kanban, Lean Software Development, XP or other agile process frameworks
- Knowledge of security best practices
- 5+ years of Software Development experience with the .Net framework
- 5+ years Web Services, RESTful, Message Queue solutions using SOAP, JSON, XML
- Experience with database usage and SQL.
- Experience with PowerShell and / or Windows Commands.
- Experience with Web and Mobile development.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodology and concepts.
- Technical knowledge of Server, Desktop, Laptop, and platform operating systems.
- Experience with Life Insurance and Annuity data terminologies.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, MS Teams, and other productivity tools.
- At least any one of common architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachmann, DODAF, FEAF).
- In-depth knowledge of and proven cloud experience with multi-cloud solutions and hybrid business intelligence stacks.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.