Kuvare Corporate Management is looking for a Service Desk Technician in our Baton Rouge and Rosemont office. The Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer and systems operation across the platform of Kuvare Corporate Management and companies so that employees can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as requiring that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide first contact and escalation support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
- Develop training and knowledgebase documents for end users.
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase as needed.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
Strategy & Planning
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents
Acquisition & Deployment
- Deploy pre-packaged software using distribution tools and processes as requested by end users.
- Assist with the purchasing, procurement and deployment of hardware, software, and services.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, network engineering or similar,
- Five years of desktop PC support, service, and/or “help desk” support experience, or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technical proficiency in network, server, desktop, laptop, and platform operating systems, including mastery of Windows 10.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.