The Reinsurance Actuarial Lead (FSA) focuses on Reinsurance within the insurance industry. This position is part of the Actuarial Development Program for Kuvare Corporate Management (KCM). The Program offers an array of experiences including Life and Annuity Valuation, Modeling and Forecasting, Product Management, Asset Liability Management, and Enterprise Risk Management. The Program is designed with the objective to develop Fellows in the Society of Actuaries. This role focuses on leading pricing, valuation, and due diligence on potential life and annuity transactions as well as takes an active role in discussions and negotiations with potential clients. Additionally, this position entails building and maintaining relationships with key reinsurance industry brokers and clients. Primary duties will involve supporting the reinsurance pricing function and involved in all aspects of reinsurance pricing and be exposed to a broad spectrum of reinsurance transactions including flow and block reinsurance across various geographies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Perform thorough diligence and pricing on Reinsurance and Acquisition Opportunities
- Lead the model build & pricing for potential transactions, diligence cash flows, assumptions, and sensitivity testing of the liabilities
- Lead the team through the transaction process ensuring all deadlines are met and proper materials are prepared and share
Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or related area
- FSA, MAAA required
- Minimum years of relevant Actuarial or Reinsurance experience
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2+ years relevant actuarial experience, working directly for a life/annuity (re)insurance company or consulting organization
- Pricing experience working in an (re)insurance company or consulting organization would be advantageous
- Deep understanding and up-to-date knowledge of actuarial appraisals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business and collaboration skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and lead cross-functional teams
- Self-starter and strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Flexible can-do attitude, willing to help with all types of tasks in an ever-changing environment
- Passion to learn new things and design new solutions
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven track record of actuarial exam success
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.