The Assistant Manager, Quality Assurance’s role is to work in conjunction with the Sr. Manager, IT Support Services to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the testing of organizational information systems and software applications. This is a working role, meaning the Assistant Manager will also design, implement, and execute test plans, identify procedures for quality control, inform project teams of defects and errors, and continuously communicate with stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Plan, lead and develop capacity across the team.
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly, and annual planning process as appropriate.
- Provide creative and energetic leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Drive accountability of deliverables from team members and vendors.
- Communicate areas of accountability and performance expected.
- Foster a high-performance culture conductive to maximizing employee morale and productivity.
- Develop individuals for future advancement.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead quality assurance analysts in optimizing testing practices and documentation standards.
- Continually evaluate new automated testing tools and frameworks.
- Continually evaluate additional opportunities and threats to ensure quality solution delivery.
- Oversee and contribute to the execution of various testing strategies including, but not limited to, functional testing, values testing, regression testing, black/white/grey box testing, smoke testing, and automated testing.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the testing process.
- Communicate overall team status to senior management and the organization.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in quality assurance, data science, computer science, information systems, computer engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more (5+ years) of QA Analyst experience.
- Knowledge of leading software testing tools and technologies.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodology and concepts.
- Strong familiarity of Life and/or Annuity Insurance concepts.
- Strong familiarity with applicable data privacy practices, regulations, and laws.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Thorough knowledge of information technology and systems.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Normal office working environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to type / perform data entry.
- Ability to read from a computer screen and paper reports.
- Express ideas and otherwise communicate with the spoken word.
- Travel may be required
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.