Kuvare is a growth-oriented insurance platform that delivers diversified annuities, life insurance, and supplemental products to the middle-income and mass-affluent consumer segments through its acquisition-led growth strategy. Kuvare provides proven capabilities, strategic support, substantial resources, and patient capital to help insurance companies pursue and achieve sustainable growth opportunities. With its patient capital, Kuvare targets differentiated annuity and life insurance companies to bring into its family of brands.
The Cloud Engineer’s role is to build and maintain the stable operation of all cloud systems, servers, and infrastructure to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. Participating in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review proposed architectures and provide feedback and identify constraints.
- Design, deploy and maintain cloud infrastructure solutions in Microsoft Azure.
- Create and maintain scripts as part of an automated deployment model.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure successful implementation of cloud solutions.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Azure cloud infrastructure issues.
- Review and manage Azure Role Based Access Control and Azure Privileged Identity Management.
- Monitor the cloud environment and encourage accountability across the organization.
- Manage Azure subscription and governance policies.
- Help monitor Azure cloud-based systems for availability, performance, reliability, and security, using tools like Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Defender, Grafana, or similar.
- Perform Azure security assessments and implement security controls.
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new cloud technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or 5+ years of experience in Azure cloud infrastructure design, deployment, and management.
- Experience with Azure services such as
- Virtual Machines
- Private Link Services
- App Services
- Azure AD/ Entra
- Azure DevOps
- Experience monitoring Azure environments using Azure Monitor.
- Experience with automation and scripting tools such as PowerShell, Azure CLI, and BICEP.
- Strong understanding of cloud networking and security.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Skills and Competencies
- Azure cloud certifications relevant to administration, security, or engineering.
- Experience with Build systems and CI/CD tools like Azure DevOps.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience working within the DevOps framework.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Normal office working environment.
- Ability to type / perform data entry.
- Ability to read from a computer screen and paper reports.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers.
- Express ideas and otherwise communicate with the spoken word.
- Ability to travel outside of the office when needed.
- Evening and weekend work when required.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.