Kuvare is a growth-oriented insurance platform that delivers diversified annuities, life insurance, and supplemental products to the middle-income and mass-affluent consumer segments through its acquisition-led growth strategy. Kuvare provides proven capabilities, strategic support, substantial resources, and patient capital to help insurance companies pursue and achieve sustainable growth opportunities. With its patient capital, Kuvare targets differentiated annuity and life insurance companies to bring into its family of brands.
The Intermediate Reinsurance Accountant is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of transactions, and preparation/review of reconciliations, financial statements and various management reports. This position is responsible for the preparation of settlement statements including follow-up with external clients for any resolution. Assistance may be provided to support client inquiries, client audits, internal and external audits along with other ad hoc requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares accounting & reporting for Reinsurance. This includes review of reinsurance billings/premium trends, preparation of periodic settlement reports and distribution of reporting packages to external reinsurers.
- Prepares journal entries and posts to accounting systems, research and clear suspense timely.
- Prepares monthly direct and ceded claims reconciliations from TPAs to general ledger and data warehouse. Assist both Claims and Actuarial quarterly to determine outstanding accruals and coordination with release of reserves.
- Performs data queries on various claim, premium and expense data. Work is done in conjunction with review of exception reports, details in suspense, etc.
- Assists with development of appropriate commentary and explanations for submission to management for quarterly Management Reporting Package and other ad hoc requests (external and internal)
- Assist with reinsurance audits by external and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for the adherence to the company’s framework of internal controls
- Preparation of regulatory schedules at year end (Schedule S, EX1, EX8 and Schedule T and other supplemental schedules pertaining to reinsurance)
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting/Finance related discipline
- PC literacy with knowledge of technological tools, ability to support data mining exercises, automation of spreadsheets; knowledge of TAI is desirable.
- Proven understanding of reinsurance administration or demonstration of ability to comprehend.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Good understanding of client business, accounting concepts and practices.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices.
- Highly organized and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in basic office and accounting software programs.
- Collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Normal office working environment.
- Ability to type / perform data entry.
- Ability to read from a computer screen and paper reports.
- Express ideas and otherwise communicate with the spoken word.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.