is a growth-oriented insurance platform that delivers diversified annuities,
life insurance, and supplemental products to the middle-income and
mass-affluent consumer segments through its acquisition-led growth strategy.
Kuvare provides proven capabilities, strategic support, substantial resources,
and patient capital to help insurance companies pursue and achieve sustainable
growth opportunities. With its patient capital, Kuvare targets differentiated
annuity and life insurance companies to bring into its family of brands.
In close collaboration with the client and internal stakeholders, the Director of Reinsurance is responsible for accounting, reporting and financial analysis of all Reinsurance (internal and external), and to ensure that business deliverables are met. Management of the portfolios includes daily reinsurance administration, reviewing trends, reinsurance contracts, technical aspects, and data quality, ensuring timely cash flow, providing feedback to stakeholders, and acting as a key representative for internal stakeholders and external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accounting & reporting (on both a statutory and GAAP basis) and P&L analysis of multiple reinsurance portfolios
- Provide reinsurance input to structuring solutions for new acquisitions, including due diligence support.
- With support, provide oversight for reinsurance audits by external and internal stakeholders
- Foster relationships with Reinsurers
- Coordinate technical analysis to monitor the development of the portfolio, identify clean up opportunities, identify audit candidates and to identify potential process improvements
- Ensure internal and external governance
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge
- Conduct training, coaching and mentoring sessions, as required for client specific knowledge sharing
- Work on projects as assigned upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise, mentor and train staff.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting/Finance related discipline demonstrating understanding of financial reporting requirements
- A minimum of 8 years of insurance/reinsurance experience plus supervisory responsibilities; demonstrated understanding of various reinsurance arrangements including handling of funding, collateral requirement under NAIC (unauthorized, certified, reciprocal jurisdictions). Understanding of tax requirements also beneficial
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop staff.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven organization and planning skills, complimented by the ability to make decisions.
- Approachability by all levels of the organization
- CPA, FLMI designation or participation in LOMA program desirable with ongoing development of network within industry desirable
- PC literacy with knowledge of technological tools and their applications; TAI knowledge, data mining skills preferable
- Experience with client audits; understanding and appreciation for establishing control environment to maintain integrity over policyholder information.
- Ability to delegate to others. Coach and develop junior staff.
- Strong understanding of client business and accounting concepts and practices
- Understanding of reinsurance contracts/concepts and service agreements
- Understanding of available market intelligence tools (score cards, benchmarking, etc.)
- Strong financial analysis skills; proven ability to monitor the development of a reinsurance portfolio including the ability to analyze individual performance drivers
- Knowledge of partner functions (Underwriting, Claims, Client Markets) and ability to participate as active member of a management team.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of all systems as related to area of responsibility.
- Normal office working environment
- Occasional evening and weekend hours to meet deadlines
- Occasional travel is required
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to type / perform data entry
- Ability to read from a computer screen and paper reports
- Express ideas and otherwise communicate with the spoken word
Kuvare company is an
equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit,
qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of
nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race,
creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief,
or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We
encourage all qualified candidates to apply.