The role of the Business Analyst is to develop and ensure quality of business analysis deliverables across the organization in support of key projects varying from small to complex. Business Analysts will create clear and consistent business requirements, analyze data, design and automate processes, and implement technology strategies. The Business Analyst will also be required to develop testing documentation and perform testing to ensure business requirements are met. Specific responsibilities include reporting metrics, analyzing methodologies, suggesting operation improvements, and building proposal evaluations in a cross-functional environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers, the project team and key stakeholders.
- Work with internal resources and processes as well as multiple outside vendor resources and processes
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; clarify and redefine as necessary.
- Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements and specifications.
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Collaborate with project manager, project business owner, SMEs and vendors to determine project scope and define requirements.
- Define test strategy and perform user acceptance testing.
- Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately track and manage test plans and defects.
- Facilitates meetings focused on requirements gathering, requirements walkthrough, test results and defect resolution.
- Communicate issues effectively to multiple levels within the organization.
- Recreate issues and document requirements for system enhancements.
- Create documentation and training materials, provide end-user training to internal and external customers.
- Researches, reviews and analyzes the different ways to meet the needs of the business within individual projects.
- Researches, reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develops strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum4 years (4+) experience as a Business Analyst
- Life Insurance, Annuities and/or Financial Services business analysis experience preferred.
- Third Party Administrator and Vendor Management experience, a plus
- Excellent MS Excel and other data technology experience such as Power BI, SQL, Access, etc.
- Business analysis experience in cross-platform projects and multiple vendors with moderate supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PPT)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible can-do attitude, willing to help with all types of tasks in a never-changing environment
- Passion to learn new things and design new solutions
- Work both independently and as part of a team
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.