Kuvare Services Bermuda Ltd. (“KSB”), a Bermuda based service provider to affiliated and regulated Bermuda domiciled long- term reinsurers, is seeking an Associate, Reinsurance and International Markets to support KSB’s continued growth both for business originating from the US and Internationally. The incumbent will support all aspects of reinsurance pricing and be exposed to a broad spectrum of reinsurance transactions including flow and block reinsurance across various geographies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Reinsurance and International Markets, primary duties will involve supporting the reinsurance pricing function with actuarial modelling. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preparing pricing models for flow and block reinsurance transactions, primarily in Excel.
- Enhance processes by developing and automating tools to be used at various stages of pricing.
- Run sensitivity analysis and product feature testing; summarize and communicate findings in a precise and organized manner to the broader team.
- Perform rate setting on existing blocks of multi-national business.
- Analyze due diligence materials including but not limited to actuarial appraisals, confidential information memorandum, experience studies, seriatim data, and actuarial memorandums.
- Analyze financial statements and other company reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of Governance Approval Meeting materials.
- Continuously challenge the status quo and stay abreast of regulatory changes that will affect reinsurance pricing.
- Demonstrate a continued desire to learn and develop as a key member of the team.
- Assist more junior associates and peer review team members’ work.
- Other ad hoc tasks as they arise.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science/accounting/finance/mathematics/Statistics/Commerce.
- ASA or near ASA; consideration would also be given to individuals who have transaction experience from other backgrounds such as investment banking/ insurance brokers/ strategy consulting.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3+ years relevant experience, working directly for a life/annuity (re)insurance company, bank/broker or consulting organization.
- Product knowledge of US annuities (FDAs, FIAs) a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, and VBA. Experience programming in SQL, R, or AXIS is a plus.
- Asset intensive reinsurance pricing experience working in an (re)insurance company, bank/broker or consulting organization a plus.
- Experience/knowledge in various frameworks such as EBS, US GAAP, US Stat, RBC, Solvency II, ICS, EVS, etc.;
- Critical thinking and sound judgement with a strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.