Kuvare is a growth-oriented insurance platform that delivers diversified annuities, life insurance, and supplemental products to the middle-income and mass-affluent consumer segments through its acquisition-led growth strategy. Kuvare provides proven capabilities, strategic support, substantial resources, and patient capital to help insurance companies pursue and achieve sustainable growth opportunities. With its patient capital, Kuvare targets differentiated annuity and life insurance companies to bring into its family of brands.
This position is part of the Actuarial Development Program for Kuvare Corporate Management (KCM). The Program offers students an array of experiences including Life and Annuity Valuation, Modeling and Forecasting, Product Management, Asset Liability Management, and Enterprise Risk Management. The Program is designed with the objective to develop Fellows in the Society of Actuaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an employee in the Actuarial Development Program, your day-to-day activities will be dependent on the function you are supporting and are expected to change throughout your employment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Prepare and help monitor reserve trends monthly on GAAP, statutory, and tax accounting bases
- Develop management reporting for existing business
- Assist in preparation of Statutory Annual and Quarterly Statements
- Update Valuation models and organize results for management.
- Assist in gathering information and analysis for external auditor inspections
Product Management tasks
- Assist in the development and analyze annual Illustration Actuary testing models
- Assist on special policy illustration requests
- Assist on Product related projects and requests
Asset Modeling and Forecasting tasks
- Build and review model inputs to support financial projection capability
- Execute and monitor model projections including troubleshooting model calculations
- Analyze model output ensuring accuracy with intended model purpose
- Assess reasonableness of reserves as new blocks of business are acquired
- Assess product features and determine product management strategies as new blocks of business are acquired
- Build efficiencies through programming solutions in all aspects of model input and output data manipulation
- Assist in the development and production of the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment
- Assess the impacts of an alternate investment or reinvestment strategy
- Serve as SME to actuarial data warehouse development, operations, IT, customer support and other functions
- Assist in the development of optimization macros to improve hedging and ALM efficiency
Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or related area
- Proven ability to pass actuarial exams; preferably 1 exam pass achieved
- 0-3 years of full-time insurance actuarial experience (including prior internships). Little prior significant experience expected, although a plus.
- Understanding of Actuarial software, a plus (e.g., AXIS, MG-ALFA, ARCVal)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PPT)
- High level of technical and programming competency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible can-do attitude, willing to help with all types of tasks in an ever-changing environment
- Passion to learn new things and design new solutions
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven track record of actuarial exam success
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.