The Systems Administrator’s role is to Maintain the stable operation of all computer systems, servers, infrastructure, and service desk to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. Participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with industry best practices and regulatory requirements. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery strategies.
- Purchase and procure hardware, software and telecommunication products and services.
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement cloud (PaaS), desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Deploy workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems, and all host security systems.
- Script and code solutions to automate business tasks to ensure approved, reliable, outcomes using modern scripting languages.
- Coordinate, direct, and assist with the resolution of a wide range of service desk issues and requests, including workstation troubleshooting and configuration, network printer installation and configuration, and peripherals setup and use.
- Acting in a senior role, with decision-making authority, on the help desk team.
- Provide guidance to members of the infrastructure and service desk teams across the platform.
- Assist end users with training issues, including issues related to all applications in use by company employees, printing, data exchange with external sources, programming and design, telecommunications, and other technical matters.
- Manage input/output fleet, including printers and scanners.
- Provide support as necessary to help ensure the accurate and timely completion of the nightly production cycles.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Manage help desk tickets and projects.
- Conduct and document system access reviews
- Manage servers, including e-mail, file, print, and backup servers in both cloud and on-premise environments.
- Monitor and resolve any issues noted for server performance, disk space usage, event logs, login scripts, drive mappings, spam filtering and antivirus logs.
- Plan, test, and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform system improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Evaluate, configure, and manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spam systems.
- Practice systems asset management, including maintenance of component inventory, related documents, and technical specification information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems
- Minimum of five years of relevant IT experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Broad hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Active Directory domain administration and creation of group policies.
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software; network, server, and PC operating systems, setup, and administration;
- Hands-on experience with PowerShell and Windows Commands.
- Experience with change management processes.
- Experience with Backup and Replication processes and software.
- Experience with telephony systems and solutions.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Normal office working environment
- Ability to type / perform data entry
- Ability to read from a computer screen and paper reports
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers
- Express ideas and otherwise communicate with the spoken word
- Ability to travel outside of the office when needed
- Evening and weekend work when required
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.