The Integration Architect is responsible for the development of a state-of-the-art integration strategy, and guides the development of high performance integration applications and frameworks. This position will contribute to the development of roadmaps and migration plans for integration of business systems, and infrastructure to streamline interfaces, reduce redundancy and business costs. This role requires tight collaboration between our internal development teams, internal and external business partners, implementation partners, and software providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
A non-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities includes
- Lead and own the technical solution architecture design, documentation, standardization and prototyping for high-demand, high-visibility proprietary platforms and 3rd party product integration using APIs.
- Lead and participate in architectural reviews and/or audits; define and maintain documentation of technology standards, process, and policies related to Kuvare internal applications and vendor product integration.
- Lead developers and other technical stakeholders in conceptualizing, visualization and developing new software programs and applications.
- Lead technical discussions with key technical stakeholders to ensure exceptional delivery.
- Manage stakeholders' expectations.
Strategy & Planning
- Design technical integration solutions and capabilities under the leadership of the Enterprise Architect and in alignment with Digital Development while supporting the timely delivery of the capabilities.
- Contribute to the decision-making process paying particular attention to system integration, sustainability, and feasibility.
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly, and annual planning process as appropriate.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging integration technologies, application development, software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts in balance of costs vs. benefits.
- Assess emerging technologies and provide key input on technology investments regarding price vs. performance vs. capabilities.
- Develop hands-on code to deploy proofs of concept and pilot phases of selected projects.
- Establish, maintain, and apply architecture technical standards, disciplines, and principles in all areas of engagements.
- Successfully engage in and participate in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborate with project team members and stakeholders to determine business needs and refine software requirements.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure adoption of and adherence to all architectural, technical, and privacy/security standards, procedures, and best practices. Create developer-ready technical specifications from high level business requests and analysis of business need.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with at least 5+ years’ experience in integration architecture, having implemented integration using REST API, REACT Framework, TypeScript and OOP languages such as .NET Core.
- 2+ years of experience in Enterprise Architecture
- Advanced skills implementing API Service architectures (SOA, REST) using any of the market leading API Management tools.
- 5+ years’ experience with Web Services, RESTful, SOAP, JSON, XML.
- Experience with Message Queue solutions such as Kafka.
- Strong experience with web portals, CRM and ERP integrations.
- Good understanding of data integrations, patterns, technologies and tools.
- Strong experience with cloud-based solutions in Azure (preferred) or AWS.
- Demonstrated knowledge in any of the CI/CD tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software.
- Experience with code repository management, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration, and automated deployment & management using tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accustomed to working under pressure and to deadlines while adjusting to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills to interact with all levels of technology and business partners.
- Applied experience in an agile delivery environment utilizing a combination of Scrum, Kanban, Lean Software Development, XP or other agile process frameworks.
- Knowledge of security best practices.
- Experience with database usage and SQL.
- Experience with PowerShell and / or Windows Commands.
- Experience with Mobile development.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodology and concepts.
- Technical knowledge of Server, Desktop, Laptop, and platform operating systems.
- Experience with Life Insurance and Annuity data terminologies.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, MS Teams, and other productivity tools.
- Experience doing integrations with FireLight, Jakentra and any Underwriting products
- In-depth knowledge of and proven cloud experience with multi-cloud solutions and hybrid business intelligence stacks.
- Normal office working environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to type / perform data entry.
- Ability to read from a computer screen and paper reports.
- Express ideas and otherwise communicate with the spoken word.
- Travel may be required.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.