The Sales Development Specialist plays a pivotal role in proactively and reactively driving sales activity while partnering with Internal and External sales teams. This individual will help drive sales activity for the Life Insurance and Annuity product lines offered by Kuvare. Specific responsibilities include proactive contacts to marketers, wholesalers, agents, and financial professionals to grow sales. This individual will also field inbound phone calls regarding new sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with External Sales Team to drive sales and reach overall company goals.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with Firms, Marketers, and Financial Professionals through regular contact.
- Partner with External Sales Team to proactively contact new and existing Firms to develop relationships and help drive new sales.
- Drive attendance to company sponsored meetings/events and coordinate with External Sales Team to provide timely follow up with attendees to uncover new sales opportunities.
- Manage and respond to email correspondence from Firms, Marketers, and Financial Professionals regarding product support, marketing materials and sales concepts.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of Kuvare products to provide sales concepts and ideas to Marketers and Financial Professionals.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of competitor products and the competitive advantages Kuvare products have.
- Help with new Firm and Financial Professional onboarding as needed.
- Track daily activity in company CRM tool. Strong follow up and organizational skills to drive sales.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s and/or 2 or more years of relevant work experience preferred
- Life insurance and/or annuity sales experience as a financial professional or working for a carrier preferred.
- Life license or ability to pass exam within 120 days of hire date
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – including telephone experience.
- Complete knowledge of sales process.
- Ability to build rapport and influence key distribution partners via phone.
- Ability to travel overnight 5%-15% or as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work effectively in goal-centered environment.
- Good interpersonal skills including effective relational skills, strong initiative, and high level of energy.
- Dynamic individual and group presentation skills.
- Must project a positive, professional image and conduct.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated work ethic.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Public speaking skills advantageous.
- Ability to collaborate with key partners and business leaders.
- Normal office working environment
- Frequent evening and weekend hours to meet deadlines
- Limited travel is required
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to type / perform data entry
- Ability to read from a computer screen and paper reports
- Express ideas and otherwise communicate with the spoken word
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.