With offices in New York City and Chicago and Rosemont, IL, Kuvare Insurance Services (“KIS”) is a boutique asset management firm that specializes in building tailored solutions for insurance companies with the goal of delivering superior risk-adjusted returns. Led by a seasoned team of insurance industry investment professionals and asset class specialists, KIS oversees $22 billion in assets and all investment activities for Kuvare’s operating companies with a focus on private credit. KIS specializes in differentiated direct loan origination across private asset-backed and structured credit, private corporate credit, and commercial real estate lending opportunities, leveraging direct interaction with borrowers. For more information about KIS, please visit https://kuvare.com/insurance-services.
In support of this business, KIS is seeking to recruit a Summer Analyst – Risk Management Intern. The summer analyst risk intern will join the New York-based Risk Management team for a 10 - 12-week internship in Summer 2023, supporting the team in contributing to risk management analysis related to fixed income investments.
The summer analyst risk intern will have the ability to develop her/his understanding of private corporate credit, private asset-backed and structured credit, and commercial real estate as well as risk monitoring and risk governance associated with investment activity.
The summer analyst risk intern will assist in extracting information from risk platforms, analyzing risk profile changes and enhancing existing processes. Assignments will encompass repurchase agreement analysis, rating and credit portfolio indicators. Prior exposure to managing data sources and developing analytics recommended.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Assist in team-based risk management analysis focusing on key risk analytics such as duration and spread analysis.
- Support team’s analysis of security lending and repurchase activity.
- Support team’s reporting by accessing various data systems, reconciliating portfolio and help develop risk analysis including model parameters, sensitivity analysis and review.
- Prepare presentations and other materials required for internal meetings as well as firm risk committees held within the firm.
- Work on specific tasks or group projects including research, memos, and portfolio analysis.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Enrolled at an undergraduate institution with an excellent academic record, Graduation year 2024.
- Experienced in handling data sources, scripting & and hands-on quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated interest in finance and investments.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and genuine willingness and desire to learn.
- Hands-on approach when leveraging various systems, sources, and files to produce rigorous analysis, including light programming and/or Python script.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.