Kuvare is a growth-oriented insurance platform that delivers diversified annuities, life insurance, and supplemental products to the middle-income and mass-affluent consumer segments through its acquisition-led growth strategy. Kuvare provides proven capabilities, strategic support, substantial resources, and patient capital to help insurance companies pursue and achieve sustainable growth opportunities. With its patient capital, Kuvare targets differentiated annuity and life insurance companies to bring into its family of brands.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Technology Leader to oversee an Agile delivery POD focused on Digital Technology within the life and annuity industry. This role balances technical acumen, leadership skills, Agile methodologies, and effective stakeholder engagement. The Technology Leader will ensure the delivery of high-quality digital products while fostering a culture of continuous improvement and performance excellence. We hope to attract top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative team. If you are passionate about digital technology and thrive in an Agile environment within the life and annuity industry, we would love to hear from you!
- No “jerks”.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and research technical issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- We prefer candidates that illustrate “Kuvare Attitude” which we define as an interior drive, an insatiable curiosity, a passion for making an impact. People whose intelligence shows through the quality of their questions, and who usually have a broader perspective than just IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, information systems, computer engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience; master’s degree a plus.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- At least 5 years of experience in the life and annuity industry is strongly preferred.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or similar Agile certification is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of digital technologies such as cloud computing, mobile applications, and web services.
- Proven experience in driving Agile transformations and scaling Agile principles across teams or organizations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage cross-functional teams and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong familiarity with applicable data privacy practices, regulations, and laws.
- Provide leadership and vision to the Agile delivery POD responsible for developing and maintaining various digital technology products.
- Foster a collaborative environment that embodies Agile principles and values.
Partnering with Business Stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders to align digital technology initiatives with business goals within the life and annuity industry.
- Act as a liaison between the technical team and business units, ensuring transparent communication and mutual understanding.
- Communicate overall team status to senior management and the organization.
- Lead sprint planning, retrospectives, and other Agile ceremonies.
- Coach and mentor team members on Agile principles and best practices.
- Remove impediments beyond the team’s space of control to solve.
- Ensure continuous improvement of team development processes.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.