The Actuarial Internship is designed to offer an array of experiences including Life and Annuity Valuation, Modeling and Forecasting, Pricing and Product Management, Asset Liability Management, and Enterprise Risk Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an intern your day-to-day activities will be dependent on the function you are supporting and are expected to change throughout your internship. Examples include: Valuation tasks
• Prepare and help monitor reserve trends monthly on GAAP, statutory, and tax accounting bases
• Develop management reporting for existing business
• Assist in preparation of Statutory Annual and Quarterly Statements
• Update models and organize results for management.
• Assist in gathering information and analysis for external auditor inspections Product Management tasks• Produce, present, and improve monthly business monitoring reporting
• Provide insight and analysis to in force experience trends
• Assist in the development and analyze annual Illustration Actuary testing models
• Assist on special policy illustration requests
• Assist on Product related projects and requests
Modeling and Forecasting tasks
• Build and review model inputs to support financial projection capability
• Execute and monitor model projections including troubleshooting model calculations
• Analyze model output ensuring accuracy with intended model purpose
Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Progress towards, or completion of a BA/BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or related area
- Success in passing at least one SOA/CAS exam preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PPT)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible can-do attitude, willing to help out with all types of tasks in an ever-changing environment
- Passion to learn new things and design new solutions
- Work both independently and as part of a team
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.