This role will assist in the preparation of accounting, financial reporting, and analytical work for the company. Assist with state premium tax, and various state reporting. This role will gain exposure to all aspects of accounting. Assist in preparing financial statements for both Statutory and GAAP reporting. Help with state filings, as well as various ad hoc reporting for the management team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures the prepares accounting transactions and makes sure they are recorded accurately and timely
• Reconcile multiple accounts from one or more accounting-based systems at appropriate timeframes (daily, monthly, and annually)
• Assists in the preparation of financial statements and helps explain variances.
• Monitors KPI reporting and assists with investigations of variances.
• Assists in premium taxes and state reporting.
• Creates ad hoc reporting as necessary.
• Proactively identifies unique problems, such as reconciliation/posting issues, and seeks help to resolve, if necessary
• Explains to others how and why transactions were processed and reported
• Researches and gathers appropriate information for others or to recommend a solution to an issue
• Handles and resolves complex or unique questions, problems, or assignments, exercising independent judgment and initiative on occasion
• Looks for and understands what issues should be brought to the attention of a higher authority
• Participates in projects with initial direction
• Creates and documents procedures
• Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of internal controls
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent education/experience
• Working knowledge of accounting area preferred (for example, investments, insurance products, premium, tax)
• Strong knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations and best practices
• Understanding of governmental guidelines, tax laws that affect the company
• Highly organized with keen attention to detail
• Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in basic office and accounting software programs
• Collaboration and teamwork skills
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.