KIS is searching for an experienced Credit Analyst, which will be a member of the Leverage Loan/CLO Group, a new business line for the firm as it further expands into the management of third-party assets. The credit analyst generates investment recommendations for the leverage loan portfolios by sourcing attractive relative value opportunities in the primary and secondary markets and actively monitoring the performance of each investment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform credit research, investment analysis, and portfolio surveillance for specific industry sectors in the leveraged loan market
- Prepare credit memos and present and make investment recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Recommend buy/hold/sell positions based on credit and relative value for the industries assigned
- Evaluate new issue and secondary market investment opportunities
- Monitor existing portfolio holdings for performance and offer timely recommendations regarding portfolio positioning in covered industries.
- Create and maintain financial models and databases, which are used to monitor and analyze both existing and prospective investments
- Maintain sector reviews and relative value frameworks
- Conduct meetings and sustain relationships with sell-side analysts, rating agency analysts and industry experts
- Participate in the marketing effort of existing and new products
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of buy-side, sell-side research, corporate and investment banking experience
- Excellent finance skills and sound accounting knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; self-motivated and team oriented
- Solid proficiency with Bloomberg, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- CFA or MBA a plus, but not required
- High Yield experience a plus, but not required
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.