The Application Developer will design and code functional programs and applications, working both as part of the team and individually.
Duties and responsibilities
A non-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities includes:
- Consults with manager, team members, and end users to gather program specifications including requirements, functionality, and features.
- Creates programs according to specifications.
- Writes and maintains program, process, and systems documentation.
- Designs and creates user interface screens, reports, and system interfaces.
- Maintains and modifies existing programs as necessary to implement corrections, modifications, and/or enhancements. Reviews and analyzes the programming requests.
- Follow the Systems Development Life Cycle for development and documentation of new applications.
- Design, write and debug the code. Ensure code is readable and maintainable.
- Provide testing scripts to users as requested. Test applications in multiple operating environments and settings as needed.
- Follow application release procedures and conduct a post-implementation review of updates.
- Look for ways to make current applications run more efficiently.
- Modify the code to take advantage of new programming tools and new technologies.
- Ensure code changes are readable and maintainable.Follow application release procedures for updates and conduct a post-implementation review as needed.
- Assist team members in understanding the advantages and constraints of the application environment.
- Advise team members of new technologies that could provide new business opportunities.
- Recommend solutions that will meet the meet or exceed the expectations of the project team members and system users.
- Stay current on technology trends and methodologies.
- Visit web sites, including those of other insurance companies, to gather ideas.
- Attend training classes and seminars as requested.
- Ability to accurately follow directions.
- Ability to identify and correct programming errors based on the objectives of a given application/program.
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop operating system and Office applications.
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Communication: Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information effectively.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze problems, formulate solutions, and recognize the possible implications of those solutions. Ability to anticipate problems and unintended consequences during routine and high pressure/stressful environments or circumstances.
- Critical Analysis: Can use multiple arguments to synthesize a reasoned proposal taking the conflicts and trade-offs in the different approaches into account.
- Teamwork: Plays an active role in shaping the team and its direction; understands how to best involve everyone else on the team.
- Normal office working environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours to meet deadlines.
- Travel is required.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to type / perform data entry.
- Ability to read from a computer screen and paper reports.
- Express ideas and otherwise communicate with the spoken word.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.