Kuvare Services Bermuda Ltd. (“KSB”), a Bermuda based service provider to affiliated and regulated Bermuda-domiciled long-term reinsurers, is seeking a Reinsurance Pricing Associate to support KSB’s continued inorganic growth. The incumbent will be involved in all aspects of reinsurance pricing and be exposed to a broad spectrum of reinsurance transactions including flow and block reinsurance across various geographies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Pricing Actuary, primary duties will involve supporting the reinsurance pricing function with actuarial modelling primarily in Excel.
- Support preparation of pricing models for flow and block reinsurance transactions;
- Enhance the pricing process by developing and automating tools to be used at various stages of pricing;
- Analyze due diligence materials including but not limited to actuarial appraisals, confidential information memorandums, seriatim data and actuarial memorandums;
- Create and analyze experience studies, monitoring emerging policyholder behavior against actuarial assumptions;
- Analyze financial statements and other Company reports;
- Assist with the preparation and development of Governance approval meeting materials;
- Peer review documents and models prepared by other members of the team;
- Ability to keep abreast of industry and regulatory market trends and understand and interpret regulatory requirements that will affect reinsurance pricing;
- Demonstrate a continued desire to learn and develop as a key member of the team;
- Objective, analytical and lateral thinking individual with an eye for detail with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines to support other ad hoc tasks as they arise; and
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial science/Mathematics/Statistics or completion of university-level actuarial-related coursework
- ASA or proven track record of completing actuarial exams successfully towards an actuarial designation
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2+ years relevant actuarial experience, working directly for a life/annuity (re)insurance company or consulting organization
- Pricing experience working in an (re)insurance company or consulting organization would be advantageous;
- Product knowledge of annuities (FDAs, FIAs, PAs) would be advantageous
- Experience utilizing Moody’s AXIS is a plus
- Experience/knowledge of US GAAP, US Stat, RBC, EBS, or Solvency II is a advantageous
- Good understanding of financial mathematics
- Inquisitive approach and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral communication
- Willingness and capacity to work overtime including evenings, weekends, and public holidays and on short notice when needed to meet sensitive tasks
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.