Kuvare Services Bermuda Ltd. (“KSB”), a Bermuda based service provider to affiliated and regulated Bermuda-domiciled long-term reinsurers, is seeking an Actuarial Associate to support KSB’s continued growth. The incumbent will be exposed to an array of experiences including Life and Annuity Valuation, Modeling, Inforce Management, Asset Liability Management, and Capital Management. In addition, the incumbent will be exposed to a broad spectrum of reinsurance transactions including flow and block reinsurance across various geographies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Actuary, primary duties will involve supporting the Actuarial team in performing numerous tasks for valuation, Inforce management, modeling, as well as risk, capital management and investment-related tasks;
- Assist in development of actuarial assumptions and conducting experience analysis;
- Enhance actuarial modeling and workflows to automate processes and increase operational and reporting efficiencies;
- Assist with the preparation and computation of US GAAP, US Stat, and Bermuda EBS reserves and BSCR;
- Ability to keep abreast of financial reporting, industry developments and regulatory market trends and understand and interpret regulatory requirements that will affect various reserving and capital bases;
- Demonstrate a continued desire to learn and develop technical skills and knowledge as a key member of the team;
- Technical, analytical and lateral thinking individual with an eye for detail with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines to support reporting and ad hoc tasks as they arise; and
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, Risk Management or completion of university-level actuarial-related coursework;
- ASA or proven track record of completing actuarial exams successfully towards an actuarial designation;
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3+ years relevant actuarial experience, working directly for a life/annuity (re)insurance company or consulting organization;
- Product knowledge of annuities (FDAs, FIAs, PAs) would be advantageous;
- Experience working with Moody’s AXIS models;
- Experience/knowledge of US GAAP, US Stat, RBC, Bermuda EBS and BSCR, or Solvency II;
- Critical thinking and sound judgement;
- Inquisitive approach and willingness to challenge the status quo;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral; and
- Willingness and capacity to work overtime including evenings, weekends, and public holidays and on short notice when needed to meet time-sensitive tasks.
Kuvare company is an equal opportunity employer that makes hiring decisions based on merit, qualifications, and the business need. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.